What does the perfect classroom look like? We’ve teamed up with Woods Furniture to challenge your students to design the best space for their learning – and maybe see it created for real!
Using its free app, Space Planner, they can visually plan and configure their classroom. Select the furniture and layout that will enhance the learning experience, save and send us the result. There are two categories to choose from:
- Primary (Years 1-8)
- Secondary (Years 9-13)
Win a $5000 classroom makeover!
Each category winner will receive an INTERFACE goodie bag for the class. One will be selected to get an awesome classroom makeover, up to the value of $5,000, courtesy of Woods Furniture.
How to enter
- Discuss with your students what makes a good design for a classroom. Explore the different elements – furniture, equipment, access, flow, lighting, etc. – and how these can best fit together.
- Download and get to know the Space Planner app
- Create your ‘dream learning space’. It should be one space, no larger than 8m by 8m, and suitable for 24-28 students.
- Save and share a link to your classroom creation via email to: Thanks for entering, this competition is now closed.
- Please include in the email:
- Name of student(s) making the entry
- Name of entry
- School name
- Teacher name and email address
- Category: Primary or Secondary
Entries will be judged equally on:
- Effectiveness of the design
- Appropriate use of materials
- Creativity of the design
All entries require both teacher and student details – incomplete entries will not be accepted.
Please submit one form per entry. Entries can be from individuals or groups/classes. For individuals or small groups (up to four students), enter all names. For large groups or classes, enter a group or class name.
You can enter more than once but you must make a separate entry for each.
Entries close end of Term 4.