|interface News and Views
- InterfaceXpo Registrations are now open
- Keep informed about Xpo with Showgizmo
- Sharing your tech journey in 2016
- Wanted: Your experiences with 3D printing
- Congratulations to our competition winners
- All the latest e-learning news
- ‘The Force Awakens’ with INTERFACE
- Is 3D Printing in the classroom easy?
Game design creates collaborative ‘hum’
Wellington teacher Diana-Grace Morris makes time for her students to design games in class because it fosters a unique interaction among them.
How are you bringing robots into your classroom?
Thinking about using robots with your students? Or want to take your use of them to the next level? Here teachers share their thoughts and experiences of using robotics.
Ways to win with robots
Jill Pears has taught with robotics for 10 years. She shares tips and advice from her own experiences using robots..
Connecting with a book
#NZreadaloud is a literacy initiative modelled on the ‘Global Read Aloud’. Its purpose is to focus on New Zealand authors writing New Zealand stories with a mission of ‘One book to connect Kiwi kids’.
Dealing with dyslexia
One in 10 New Zealanders is affected by dyslexia, including 70,000 school children. Learning can be daunting and challenging for these students, so one Tauranga teacher has developed an app to improve the way they approach exams.
The challengeof change
If you’re facing technological change – or just checking out options – there’s way more to think about than simply swapping devices and downloading a few new apps.
Reading books have been part of the classroom for decades. But now the process oflearning to read is no longer confined to print and paper thanks to a whole new digital dimension.
fileshare – eight pages of online resources
- Cool Gizmos
- Twitter Chat
- One-minute guide: Explain Everything
- Audio Editing
- TED-ED Lessons
- Meme Makers
- Student Reviews
- Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
- Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words
Some great prizes to be won!
From the Back of the Class
A successful 2015 saw a number of schools throughout the country turn to Harvey Norman, not just for buying devices but for advice and support on their ICT journey – and its education team has just one thing to say to them: “Thanks”.