Cyclone’s national team of Digital Learning Specialists understand the changing landscape of teaching and how to get the best out of technology in the classroom, writes Professional Learning Manager Arnika Macphail.
For us, it is not about what technology you buy … but how you use it.
Cyclone’s Digital Learning Specialists all come from teaching backgrounds and are passionate about supporting e-learning integration across your school. We’re able to support teaching and learning no matter what platform a school has chosen. Whether it’s Apple, HP, Google, or Microsoft hardware or online environments, we can help get the best out of the technology. The team provides professional learning solutions to educators and a country-wide capability supporting schools to plan, develop and implement successful and sustainable digital teaching and learning programmes.
What makes Cyclone’s team so special?
- We talk pedagogy and know the New Zealand Curriculum and thread e-learning through this;
- We tailor the support to meet the needs of your school;
- We work with your school (or CoL or cluster) to create a sustainable e-learning environment;
- We help build key relationships to carry on the journey;
- We work with all staff to ensure no one is the holder of all knowledge;
- We ensure that all decisions are staff-wide and align with the school’s culture and community;
- We work together to figure out a time frame and the number of hours needed; and
- We’re a team full of passionate educators with a breadth of knowledge between us.
Cyclone is offering the opportunity to work with a Digital Learning Specialist at no cost to your school. The goal of this session is to identify the IT options and how we can help effectively apply the use of technology to enhance learning. Please contact Professional Learning Manager Arnika Macphail at email@example.com
What makes Cyclone stand out from the crowd?
Cyclone is an education focused IT company that can meet your school’s needs, including:
- Proactive, flexible and cost-effective managed services and technical support;
- Competitive quotes, sales and lease options for any IT equipment or infrastructure;
- Digital Learning Specialists to support PLD.
Engaging Cyclone enables teachers and students to achieve better outcomes. Call today to discuss which part of the jigsaw you would like to start with on 0800 686 686.
Check out Cyclone’s range of activities, training and events at cyclone.co.nz
Feedback from our partner schools
“We have found Cyclone to be friendly and professional in all interactions. The procurement team make choosing and purchasing ICT equipment very straightforward. The ICT support team has impressed us with their timely responses, friendly ‘bedside manner’ with our staff, and future-focused vision for ICT development in the school. Their technical ability, certainly the most important factor in any school’s ICT support solution, is outstanding, and well-supported through a multi-tier structure. In delivering PD to staff, the Cyclone team has shown the strength in their teaching backgrounds, being able to provide very practical support when working with groups or individual staff.”
Middleton Grange School
“Our emerging relationship with Cyclone has been a critical part of the significant transformation taking place at St Thomas College. I can endorse the professionalism, ability to understand our needs, willingness to go the extra mile to connect us to relationships of influence and assistance with strategic development and thinking.”
St Thomas College of Canterbury
“One thing I didn’t convey was the impact your company is having on education around the country. It is people like Kim and Arnika that are making it happen. Our school is doing amazing things with IT and Microsoft, and it wouldn’t have happened if education wasn’t supported by Cyclone. So, a big thanks!”
Richmond Primary School.