A position is available for an experienced educator looking for leadership and governance experience in a role as a Trustee on our board at Life Education Trust North Shore.
Life Education Trust North Shore (‘LETNS’) is an independent charitable trust that delivers a health based education programme into North Shore schools (Primary and Intermediate), providing children with the facts and information that they need to make smart life choices. We have been actively involved in our local community for over 27 years and are one of 32 independent Life Education Trusts around NZ with a National Office that provides support to us all.
Our Trust is run by a team of seven volunteer trustees. While we come from differing backgrounds we see great value in what the Life Education programme delivers to our kids. We want to have a senior person from within the education sector to complement the skills currently on our Trust Board to enable us to both better support our two educators and to understand the education sector more broadly.
General Skills/competencies sought
- Some governance experience preferred, although not essential.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Life Education programme.
- An affiliation to the principles of the Life Education programme.
- Ability to support our two senior educators, including:
- Professional development opportunities.
- Help to get a good picture of how we can complement what is happening in the classroom.
- Making authentic connections.
- Funding, from a school perspective.
- Curriculum updates.
- Access to other agencies used in schools. Perhaps ESOL contacts.
- Behaviour / academic trends being observed in schools.
- Knowing about other providers that offer similar content.
The role is voluntary (unpaid) and as we are based on Auckland’s North Shore, we are ideally looking for people in the area who wants to be proactively involved, and to make a difference, in their local community.
Trust meetings are held every two months – these are either in person or via video conference. Meetings will have a two hour maximum time period. Due to the mix of governance and management activities required, a time commitment of 4-6 hours per month outside of these meetings is likely.
To apply please email your CV to Jill Steffert on email@example.com or if you would like to discuss this opportunity further call 027 403 0148. Applications will remain open until the positions are filled.
For more about Life Education Trust North Shore go to lifeeducationnorthshore.nz
Job advertisement supplied by Life Education Trust North Shore
INTERFACE July 2023