Thanks to everyone who entered the INTERFACE Minecraft Competition 2022, in association with Microsoft.
There were impressive creations as you came up with some awesome ideas to ‘Build a Better Future’. Judging was tough. Decisions are in. The winners of this year’s student competitions are …
Primary (Years 1-6)
Zero, Loki Che, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School, Auckland
The Eco Cube, Leo Sweeney, Logan Walker, Thomas Rankin and Tom Reed, Paparoa Street School, Christchurch
Runner-up Third Equal:
Sustainable Countryside Village, Alisa Wong, Sienna Moreland and Esta Lene, Parkview Pārua School, Christchurch
Eco Friendly, Christine Keller, Elizabeth Saunders and Jessica Mann, Samuel Marsden Collegiate School, Wellington
- Sustainable Farm, Cerys Flye, Pegasus Bay School, Canterbury
- Eco Village, Evan Meng, Murrays Bay School, Auckland
- Clean Water, Cooper Gordon, Papakura Central School, Auckland
Intermediate (Years 7-8)
Renewable Island, Angus Grayson, Xavier Smith, and Aidan Connell, Rosmini College, Auckland
Runner-up Second Equal:
Kaitiakitanga, Hunter Hormann, Alex Brown, Tyler Maley, and Ashton Lamont, Ashburton Intermediate, Canterbury
Kirikiriroa’s Futuristic Enviro School, Kayla Bryant, Angelina Wang, Jisun Park, and Sofya Kabalinskaya, Fairfield Intermediate School, Hamilton
Eco Street, Sierra Hargreaves, Westland High School, Hokitika
- Saving the Kauri Trees, Monique Whyte, Amelie Gaiger, Zahra Arnold and Megan Pratt, Morrinsville Intermediate School, Waikato
- Solar Turbo Boost, Leodin Joblin-Mills, Bruce McGregor and Ethan Wells, Whanganui Intermediate, Manawatū-Whanganui
- The Enviro Village, Nilanjan Vyas and Rudra Chakrabarti, Scott Point School, Auckland
Secondary (Years 9+)
Winner: Turtles and Trash, Tahi Davies, Thomas Williams and Andrew Williams, Burnside High School, Christchurch
Runner-up Second: Gen-NEO, Deven Battish, Rowan Milnor and Samit Ram Swayambhatla, Auckland International College, Auckland
Runner-up Third: Underground Farm, Ben Hosie, Mathias Kirwan, Braidyn Taitapanui, and Anika Illingworth, Mana College, Porirua
- Futuristic Bunker, Zaden Thompson, Papanui High School, Christchurch
- Automatic Wheat Farm, AJ Douglas, Northern Health School, Waikato South Unit
Congratulations to all our winners. As well as bragging rights as the best Minecrafters in the country, each category winner receives a #StikBot Zanimation Studio, and placings also receive some Minecraft goodies!
We received a record number of entries this year and the standard was extremely high. Well done to everyone who participated. Also, thanks to Microsoft for supporting the competition.
We can’t wait to see what you do in next year’s competition.
Our teaching Minecraft maestro is …
We also ran a category for teachers to showcase how they are using Minecraft: Education Edition in their classrooms.
Minecraft: Education Edition
Minecraft: Education Edition is specially designed for use in the classroom, offering tools, options and resources not built into the regular Minecraft program. It is available free to schools under the Microsoft Schools agreement with the Ministry of Education.
For more information about Minecraft: Education Edition go to education.minecraft.net
INTERFACE August 2022