Chrome Education Upgrade Licences
The Ministry of Education and Google have signed a new partnership agreement allowing state and state integrated schools to continue to claim the Ministry-funded Chrome Education Upgrade Licences for eligible Chromebook devices,
School-owned, leased and student BYOD Chromebooks are eligible to apply for the Ministry-funded Chrome Education Upgrade (previously Chrome Education licence) under this agreement.
Schools will be able to create a personalised, school-wide experience for each and every device either school owned or BYOD covered by the Chrome Education Upgrade. Through the upgrade, schools will be able to:
- Select and Push apps to student devices so they have the right apps they need;
- Select Wi-Fi networks to connect to;
- Customise the user experience by automatically loading websites on startup, adding custom bookmarks and blocking URLS and distractions;
- Centrally manage hundreds of thousands of devices with more than 200 controls;
- Protect user data with the sandboxing, Verified-Boot,and 128-bit encryption features of Chrome OS;
- Prevent anyone from un-enrolling their managed Chromebook from the school’s domain;
- Minimise lost and stolen devices; and
- Manage student sign-in to prioritise educational use of devices during school hours.
The Chrome Education Upgrade is a perpetual licence that covers the life of the device in the domain it’s enrolled in.
Google Workspace for Education Plus
As a part of the partnership agreement, state and state integrated schools to are able to upgrade their Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals (the free for Education edition – previously called G Suite for Education) to Google Workspace for Education Plus.
This is a set of Google Education tools and services that are tailored for schools, Clusters and homeschools to collaborate, streamline instruction, and keep learning safe and secure. Existing features include tools to aid teaching and learning, such as Google Classroom, Assignments, Google Meet, Google Docs, Google Forms, and Google Chat.
Find out more:
INTERFACE September 2021