The requirement for students to learn core programming concepts is now part of the New Zealand curriculum. What is computer coding and what can you do with it? Where do you start? What learning outcomes can you expect? Here five teachers talk about their experiences with code.
This special feature on ‘Social Media in learning’ is exclusive to the May issue of INTERFACE Magazine.
Articles in the feature include:
- My reasons for learning and teaching code, by Korrin Laker, Maraetai Beach School
- Making code part of my regular classroom programme, by Renu Sikka, Henderson Primary School
- Learning alongside my students with Gamefroot, by Rachel Chisnall, Taieri College
- Solving real-life challenges with coding solutions, by Ruth Davey, Lincoln High School
- From egg carton chariots to Mars rovers, by Anthony Hill, Queenstown Primary School
PLUS, ‘The Ultimate Guide to coding programs’
Subscriptions start from just $1 a copy! For this issue, receive your very own digital copy.
© INTERFACE Magazine, June 2020