Thanks to all eagle-eyed readers who took us up on the challenge to name the items we used to create the masthead in our last issue.
The promise of food was clearly a big attraction as we had more than 300 entries! However, it proved quite a testing task, with only about a quarter of you identifying everything correctly (and we were quite liberal in our marking).
We can reveal that the letters were:
- ‘I’ = roll of tin foil;
- ‘N’ = drinking straw;
- ‘T’ = toilet paper roll inners;
- First ‘E’ = plastic bottles;
- ‘R’ = nail; ‘F’ = paper clips;
- ‘A’ = plastic bottle lids;
- ‘C’ = Play Doh/ play clay; and
- Second ‘E’ = wooden blocks.
Well done if you guessed right.
All correct answers went into a draw to win morning tea for their class. Congratulations go to Stellest de Villiers, Papakura Central School, Auckland.