Successful Principals collaborate, communicate and share responsibility with teachers, staff and Principals of other schools, positively impacting their own school and further afield. However, successful collaboration relies on a number of factors, including vitally important professional development, and too often this is overlooked in light of more pressing demands on school resources.
Now Equico, in collaboration with the Auckland Primary Principals’ Association (APPA), is providing a means for Principals to further their PD, with a funded grant that can be used for training and learning. “By contributing towards Principals’ professional development, Equico and APPA believe the benefits are far-reaching, potentially inspiring a whole school community,” said Equico’s Martin Frankland.
What is the Equico and APPA Professional Development Programme?
- The focus is to promote the discussion about how technology is used in learning environments.
- There are four grants available to the value of $5,000 each.
- The grants could be used for overseas travel to visit schools, conferences or any kind of PD. This will benefit your school or the wider education community by leading to a greater knowledge of how technology could be used to enhance learning outcomes.
What are the criteria for funding?
- Applicants must outline the relevance, interest and likely benefit to both the Principal and colleagues in the Auckland region.
- The Executive reserves the right to identify other specific criteria or amend the award ‘maximum’ in any given year.
- Where applications exceed $20,000, priority will be given to applicants who did not receive funding the previous year.
- Awards are designed to support registration costs and travel expenses.
- Complete the application form.
- Applications will be considered by the Executive team in 2016 (dates to be confirmed).
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Four successful applicants will be awarded with $5,000 each.
- Applicants will then be required to conduct their PD or research.
- Research findings will need to be presented back to the Executive panel.
- Research will also be published and shared with the wider APPA community.