WANTED: ‘Qualified Teacher with a passion for technology’. Microsoft has created the role of a Teacher Ambassador to host and present its ‘Classroom’ Seminar Series raising awareness and desire for Microsoft’s technology adoption by teachers.
As a Teacher Ambassador, you will provide an educator expert presence at select schools and events/conferences. You will learn how to demonstrate the value of Microsoft technology for classroom use and encourage teachers to adopt and deploy Microsoft technology. These engagements will vary in duration from quick and casual (5-10 minutes) to more formal and planned (60-90 minutes) with a goal of positively influencing a minimum of 50 institutions/teachers per week.
You will also be involved in completing post-seminar teacher survey of ‘Microsoft in the Classroom’ show and tell events, weekly reporting to Microsoft Education Engagement Manager, as well as developing and adhering to events schedule.
Skills and qualifications:
- Qualified teacher – either new graduate, teachers on break from teaching or recently retired teachers.
- Proficiency with technology – minimum Microsoft Office and Windows (although training will be provided).
- Confidence in public speaking and ability to demonstrate technology (training will be given).
- Demonstrated (or reported) organisational skills.
- Strong communication & presentation skills. Previous public speaking experience preferred but not essential.
- A passionate self-starter that is driven to not only meet, but surpass goals.
- Personable, team player.
- Personal mobile phone required (business calls reimbursed).
- Own car and the ability to carry teacher ambassador tool kit (work travel expenses reimbursed).
- Ability and availability to travel and work various hours to suit training schedules.
This role is hired as a contract, initially for this financial year up to 30 June, 2016. This is a 40-hour per week role where you will need to expect some evening work. You will be mostly based on the road, coming into the Microsoft office in Auckland weekly to meet with the Education team. We may also consider somebody based in Christchurch.
For more information and to apply go to seek.com.au/job/29333219
Source: Microsoft New Zealand